Monday, February 28, 2011

This weekend was about FUN!!!!

What an AWESOME weekend. Talk about busy. Let me breakdown the weekend first then I'll go into detail. Friday was the first day in the freaky fast weekend. What was supposed to happen was easy, concert, bike in the morning, Louisville for laser seminar, watch JC climb in competition, dinner, drinks, morning run on sunday, finish seminar and home. Life at the Miller household has a way of becoming CHOAS. I used to stress it and just become an a-hole. Now I just kinda let it roll and see what God gives me. Seems to be working out A LOT better.

So Friday is here, my trail run got cancelled, once again worried about nothing. Had all this pent-up anxiety and nothing. So we are trying again this week. We'll see what happens. I can say currently that my heart rate training is going fair. With the form work some weaknesses in the body are being exposed and now worked on. So I created an on-the-fly route. For those of you that don't know me, I do not like to stray too far from home or normal training routes just in case something happens. I flat, I flat a lot. So my run ended up going out to my old neighborhood and our old home. So I got 9 miles in in 1:15 low zone 2 with a surge at the end.

Kris was doing a run clinic and asked for a bit of help packing our oldest for a church retreat that he was FORCED :-) to go to. While packing him, I noticed some COOL clothes that he NEVER wears. Kris does not buy, cheap poorly made clothing, we are hard on clothes so they have to hold up. So here I am looking at some sharp clothes that I wish I had his physique to wear and he never wears them. Since I am packing, it ALL he's getting. The boy is gonna look SHARP!!! I know he is my boy, but he IS a good looking kid. he is 14, hes 6'1" and 180 lean pounds. I don't wrestle with him anymore cause I am not sure I could whip him without hurting him AND me. I heard he freaked when he learned that I packed him :-)))

OK Aidan's packed. Time to chill and think about the concert, Cage the Elephant. If you don't know them, they have the opening song in Borderlands - Ain't No Rest for the Wicked. Great tune, great band. Kicking back with the dogs waiting on Kris to get ready. I am realizing how lucky I am right now. I can go on 9, 10, 11, or even do a Mini now and it doesn't destroy day or night. I have been heart rate training with coach and Polar now for over a year and I can feel the difference. Out walks Kris in full on concert gear. She is not over the top, and not dressed in grunge, she always just hits it right. She has great taste in EVERYTHING ;-) Now for those of you that don't know her, she is 30'ish, I want to remain married with manhood intact so I'm not tellin'.But she doesn't look her age at ALL! I am a lucky guy and it is time to eat. But first we stop at the Blue Mile to get Kris a new pair of run/sweat pants. We come out with compression running tights, shorts, tank top, and assorted other running clothes, no pants. Her comment "Why can't I EVER find what I want?" Off to Taste of Thai, our favorite place in Greenwood. Discovered a new beer Chang's, kinda like Tsing Toa, but with honey. Time to get to the Vogue.

Quiet the pleasant surprise, after finding a place to park, I went four-wheeling in Kris's car, not really meant for hopping curbs :-), finding a place to sit, a few pictures and several drinks, here comes a band we have never heard of, Sleeper Agent (@_sleeperagent on twitter). What a band, high energy, great chemistry, great songs. I even bought their downloads (I never do this). Next on Cage the Elephant. I really like this group, I REALLY like this group. We're dancing, enjoying ourselves and just having a great time. Concert over, check, great time, check, car not towed, check :-) Little after midnight time to boogie home, however, Kris wants to redo her belly button (I like her belly button pierced and she was her ear cartilage pierced too). Here comes chaos, I love my droid x telephone. Googled 5 piercing places, everyone closed at 1. Really, 1 on a friday? It'll have to wait, no problem anyway, my lovely bide is out....

Home by 2:30 am. In bed and lights out. What's that sound...my alarm...5:45am time to drive to Louisville for a laser seminar and to watch JC, Kris's brother, in a sport climbing competition. Everything is packed and meeting up with Dr. George in Seymour and on my way. Down to L'ville and in the seminar, oh I am feelin' it. I have a 2:30 bike ride to do, to stimulate the juices and hopefully wake myself up I leave the seminar at 10 to ride. I am a country boy in the city, riding a bike. Holy crap did I have several near death experiences. It is also FLIPPING cold. I slug out 36 mils in 2:10 and call it a day. I have ridden around L'ville and trough L'ville and know I am in Okalona at Hesters gym. Crazy fit climbers. I stay and watch the competition for about an hour and a half. Youtube videos available on my channel Indianabackdoc and they are posted to my Facebook profile - you guessed it - indianabackdoc. It was amazing. JC and his friend Isaac place 1 and 2 respectively. It was his first ever competition and he rolled some heads.

Time for lunch. So I got some splainin' to do. I am in full-on cold weather road gear. Spandex, bike shoes, looking rather cute. We goto an AUTHENTIC Mexican restaurant. The menu is in Spanish, subtitled in English. I have also donned a very big puffy down coat cause I was chilled from the ride. I am LOOKING reeeeeaaaalllll good. Luckily the restaurant was empty. The two waitresses had no idea what to think. As soon as we sit down, here comes the lunch rush. When I say AUTHENTIC, I mean AUTHENTIC. No anglo's in there. The crowd is really rough looking and no one speaks any english. I felt like I was back down in Cancun except they spoke more english in Cancun. Have you heard the song, I'm about to Whoop Someone's Ass? Youtube it, cause it's on. Kris is getting hardcore stares. I nod and smile and nothing. Spandex and bike shorts are are not intimidating. Kris is oblivious to the looks and stares and is laughing hysterically at me. "Dude you are in spandex and the last guy that walked in has his arms taped and face burned and he glared at you the ENTIRE way to his table.I think he likes you!" HEHEHEHEHE!
"Oh yeah, the two guys in the booth behind you are staring too. I am about to whoop and eventually get whooped. But I'll clip this shoe in someone's ace before I go down." We can't stop laughing. Trevor if you put the puffyman coat back on I am running for the door. We were crying we were laughing so hard, so that helped the macho intimidation factor. Oh yea I forgot, not one person in there was over 5'5" or weighed less than 200lbs. Even in bike cleat I probably could have out run them. (This passage is no where near as funny as in real life sorry but had to spill.) PS- I have to say we were in the booth so no one could see my spandex while eating. I still had on riding shoes. When I stood up to leave EVERYBODY turned and looked, and you could hear my shoes sounding like tap shoes. So here is a big guy, in spandex wearing tap shoes, I think Kris snotted she laughed so hard.

Back to the laser seminar. Wow GPS got us lost. Kris got into some gluten and was hurting. She laid down in the hotel room and crashed for about an hour. Then off to shopping. I laid down for 30 minutes then off to Simply Thia in Louisville. Dinner with family and friends then off to New Connections bar for drinks with Dr. George. Learned a new game called penis and I won! Introduced the country crowd to Cage the Elephant thought that was gonna be a whoopin' too, but I wasn't in the mood to care and I was not going to listen to Kansas on the jukebox, really who still has Kansas on the jukebox in a semi-contemporary bar?!?!?

Finally back to the hotel at 11, have a 5:45 run planned with Rob at Tom Sawyer park. Get caught up talking with Dr. George about plans, family and life in general. Afraid to look at the clock. Closed my eyes for 30 seconds and the alarm is ringing and I am out the door to meet Rob (@robbenefiel) for a group run. I am going 1:45 and he is going 2:45. Let me take a second and say a couple of things. A- I am still tipsy from the previous festivities, B- Currently I am nursing a bad habit of paw-back which is killing my hamstring. When my hamstring hurts, my Polar HRM starts a screaming because Zone 2 is pretty much a no go. I get in a great run with Rob. My hamstring doesn't start screaming until mile 9.

Runs done, back to the laser seminar with a slight noticeable limp. They ask for volunteers with issues and Dr. George sends me up.  Hamstring (left), Quad (right) interesting workup and laser treatment. Now teacher dude is some kind of roided up powerlifter. Wants to make an example of me, I think. First tries to show how unflexible I am. Thank you JC for the last two weeks of intense Yoga training working on form, flexibilty and concentration, cause when warmed up I can pretty much put my hands on the floor, head real close to the knees. So flexibility was a non-issue, then he starts checking the pelvis. Left oblique abdominal muscle is showing with some issues. He pulls out this little precussor device. All I can say is NOT fun and he layed on it, it actually burnt my skin as he torqued it down and the rubber head slipped against my skin. It is still read and still tender, but I am working on it because he is right there is an issue there.

Seminar done, going to eat. Decided it is time to take my nutrition to the next level and eliminate gluten from my diet. So I had a Whiskey River burger, no seasoning on the burger or fries, and I put it in a lettuce wrap. HIT the spot. Back to Seymour to drop off Dr. George and now off to Nashville, IN to pick up Aidan from Church camp. I am really feeling the lack of sleep. Get there, pick him up and the boy looked SHARP! He had several nice looking young women talking to him. He was beaming.

Homeward bound, finally! Mom (my mother calls) my sisters father-in-laws viewing is happening and I have to show up. Not a problem. Sis has always been there for me, so I will be there for her. SHould have gotten home at 5, it is now 7. I am ready for bed.

Chill with the family, watch History of the World Part 1. Can't wait to get back to work so I can have a break from all the driving. :-)

Snuggle up with Kris and good night.....

All pics and videos and be looked up on Facebook, Youtube, or Twitter. Happy viewing :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment