Friday, July 8, 2011

Is it me?

Ok a lot of the little to do tasks for IMKY are coming due. As I am working on them my stomach is turning and my nerves are going crazy. It is all leading up to this. The training hours are mounting, my weekend bricks are getting longer, my family time is suffering. Kristine is doing a great job of making the most of the time. The amazing thing to me is I can workout for 5 or 6 hours and still go out that evening.

But lurking in the back of my head is ALL the time is that scared little boy. Then thinking of all the time I have put into this and all my family has sacrificed for it. I really have to make it count for them to I must make it ALL count.

1 comment:

  1. Trevor - you are in the home stretch of the hard stuff buddy, and then it will be taper time soon enough.

    You are putting in the work, and the sacrifice WILL BE WORTH IT. IMLP was the best day of my life last year - and IMKY will be rewarding for you as well.

    The last month of heavy training does get really challenging to juggle - but just know that it will come to end and you will oddly kind of miss it when the taper starts (like I am right now). race day will be a celebration of all this hard work - and your family will revel in it just as you do.

    Good luck, my friend - you are going to rock it!

    ReplyDelete